Tuesday 3 August 2010

Muang Koua - Luang Nam Tha

Even if it was really nice in Muong Koua, I had explored the nearest areas and I wanted to move. I therefore took a bus yesterday morning to Luang Nam Tha, 7 hours, some parts of quite bad road but globally all right and the scenery was quite nce again. However it was properly o-v-e-r-packed, I had to share a small double seat with a guy and girl (so three for 2 small ones), and another child took a nap on my shoulder half of the way! Well, I was so buryed under people, rice or other bags that I felt like being part of lao people for a short while, sort of fun a posteriori :)

Thus I'm there since yesterday afternoon, and I'll probably leave tomorrow. Today I rented a mountain bicycle, and I must have done something like 30km on roads ans dirt roads. I sweated a lot but it felt good to do some exercice after all, and I saw really nice places. I had my packed lunch (bought this morning on the market) next to rice fields where I had the company of three young boys trying to say a couple of english words. I went through cute villages, saw a waterfall, a temple, friendly people.. I'm getting used to it!

I will probably not be able to go on the internet for a while, I don't know how it will be in Muong Sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment