Monday 2 August 2010

Edit about my last message

I'm in Laos for few days, I didn't have the internet where I was but I probably had my best time so far. Everything was beautiful, the people, the view, and the food is back to safe and fersh :)

I was in a hurry last time so I thought afterwards about what I wrote I maybe my fingers went a bit faster than my thoughts.

About Hmong people, cause I didn't tell much in the end. So as I said in the beggining I felt unconfortable with all the Hmong women selling their stuff agressively in the street, but I had to understand what's going on with the minority people there in Sapa, and that's what happened with this American guy that married a Hmong woman. Hmong people are actually quite open-minded, happy to live and moreover very good looking. However Vietnamese people treat them as shit, it's often pure racism, and it goes together with busyness as the only law. They force them to wear their traditionnal clothes to maintain tourism, they organise trek in their villages but without them (that's why they have to be agressive at selling), etc etc etc. Moreover they sell shitty textiles coming from China for nothing on the market, so that tourists buy them instead of the traditionnal handmade Hmong stuff, that they have to sell for nothing in order to have a chance to sell something.. I'm not telling all the horrible that's happening their with minority people, it's just a sample to give a idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment